Hair Clipper Service & Repair
£15.00 – £25.00
Clipper service & clipper repair by SL Service
Select Your Clipper:
- Small Hair Trimmer – for small and mini trimmers.
- Regular Size Clipper – For barbers clippers, dog grooming clippers and small horse clippers.
- Large Size Clippers – For full size horse clippers and large animal shears.
Who is this service for ?
- Our customers are animal groomers, stockmen and some hairdressers who use high quality clippers which benefit from regular maintenance.
- The clippers and beard trimmers popular with young men are not usually repairable.
A Clipper Service is to fully strip down and clean your clippers, inspect for worn or faulty parts, test battery condition and PAT test for electrical safety. We then email you our report outlining any essential or recommended repairs and the cost.
Post your clippers to us:
45 Westfield Crescent
Market Weighton, York
For more detailed information see our page – about clipper service & repair.
SL Service are your clipper service & sharpening specialists. With our experience of working with and repairing clippers we will provide you with a first class service.
We stock parts for Lister – Liveryman – Heiniger – Wolseley – Hauptner – Premier1 – Liscop – Wahl – Andis – Oster – Aesculap and more.
Replacement parts cost extra and typical prices for these are:
Normal Size Clipper:
- Drive Lever – £3 to £10
- Blade Latch – £2 to £5
- Blade Hinge – £8 to £20
- Gears – £10 to £20
- Andis / Aesculap / Oster Motor Brushes – £5 to £10
- New Circuit Board – £15 to £50
- New rubber cable and tough plug – £12
- Internal Battery – £5 to £15
Large Size Clipper:
- Lister / Liveryman / Wolseley / Hauptner / Liscop motor brushes – £2 each
- Heiniger Motor Brushes – £4 each
- Comb pegs – £2 each
- Replacement capacitor – £20 – £25
- Drive crank – £20 – £30
- Drive Lever – £5 – £10
- Gears – around £30
- Cable sleeve – £4
- Rubber cable with moulded plug – £12
Complicated wiring repairs can cost extra. Re wiring an Oster A5 (’97) or a Laube clipper cable is £10 extra.
A typical service by us cleans the clippers, replaces the motor brushes if worn, the drive crank/lever if worn, re-greases gears, tests batteries and PAT tests for electrical safety and costs around £30 to £50. We source our parts at good prices and don’t charge for unnecessary work, so our overall price is competitive.
We normally service and return your clippers within 2 working days though occasionally it can take longer.
We recommend sending clippers in a cardboard box with padding though some people send them in a case. You can include clipper blades you would like sharpened for £5 per set and its best to wrap these individually within your parcel to avoid damage.
You may wish to use a fully tracked service with insurance for your own peace of mind and items lost or damaged in transit to us are not our responsibility.
– Under 2Kg, Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For costs £6 and includes £50 insurance.
– Under 2Kg Royal Mail Special Delivery costs £12 and includes £500 insurance.
– Under 10Kg Royal Mail 1st Signed costs £9 with £50 insurance.
– Under 10Kg Royal Mail Special Delivery costs £15 and includes £500 insurance.
You can pay for your clipper service on our website by adding it to your shopping cart and checking out, or send your clippers with contact details included and once assessed we will email an online invoice.
|Dimensions||40 × 25 × 16 cm|
|Type of Clipper||
Small Hair Trimmer, Regular Size Hair Clipper, Large Size & Horse Clipper
You may also like…
Clipper Blade Sharpening5.00 out of 5£5.00 – £8.00 Select options
Liveryman 10WF Clipper Blade (2.4mm)0 out of 5£43.00 Add to basket
Lister A2F Clipper Blades (Liveryman)0 out of 5£44.00 Add to basket
Scissor Sharpening Service5.00 out of 5£8.00 – £10.00 Select options
Hair Clipper Oil – Liveryman0 out of 5£3.50 – £5.00 Select options
Liveryman A2 Clipper Blades0 out of 5£44.00 Add to basket