Professional Scissor Sharpening Service
• We use purpose built scissor sharpening machines to sharpen your scissors. The sharpened edges are finished with a leather hone to give highly polished edges.
• An essential part of scissor sharpening is maintaining the inside face or ride line of each scissor blade. This removes damage and keeps them the right shape for the cutting edges to meet as the scissors close.
• Out of shape inside faces mean the cutting edges don’t meet and fine material like hair will fold instead of cutting.
Which Scissors We Sharpen ?
• We sharpen most types of your scissors including hairdressing scissors, dog grooming scissors, general purpose scissors, pinking shears and fabric scissors.
• We sharpen convex edge scissors, bevel edge scissors, curved scissors and your thinning scissors.
• From scissor manufacturers such as Roseline, Geib, Groom Professional, Kenchii, Show Gear, Oster, Wilkinson Sword etc.
Send Us Your Scissors
• Post your scissors & other Items to us:
45 Westfield Crescent
Market Weighton, York
• We recommend posting your scissors in a box rather than a Jiffy bag and wrap your items individually within the parcel so they won’t knock together.
• Royal Mail provide a good parcel service:
Large letter < 25mm thick
1st Class – £1.30 < 100g & £2.30 < 500g
1st Class Signed for £4.30 < 2KG
Special Delivery: £12 < 2KG
48 Hr Service
• We will email when your scissors arrive and normally return your sharpened scissors on the next working day.
• You can shop for your scissor sharpening by adding items to your cart and checking out.
• Or post us your items to us with your contact details included and we will email a receipt with the cost of sharpening and an invoice you can pay online.
An easy way to pack Scissors is to use a cardboard box and place scissors between layers of padding. This is easy to do and stops them knocking together.
We aim to sharpen and return scissors in 24 Hours from when we receive them.
If you post your scissors on Monday, we will email when it arrives which could be Tuesday. If your scissors arrives on Tuesday then it will be returned on Wednesday and so could be back with you on Thursday.
– 90% of first 1st class post arrives next day but it is not a Guaranteed next day service.
– We post items 5 days per week from Monday to Friday.
It is rare for items to be lost in the UK Post.
Very occasionally customers jiffy bags, envelopes and boxes have split open and arrive with us with some contents missing. (2 times in 2021)
– If your scissors can knock together they can be damaged.
– Items posted Royal Mail Signed For have tracking for when delivered and are insured for up to £50.
– So far in 2021 no items sent by us are missing though a few have arrived late.
No (Not Usually!)
– Sharpening scissors blades is not like sharpening knives which have 1 sharp edge. Scissors have 2 edges which slide past each other and these need to be in close contact to cut well.
– Scissors need both sharp cutting edges and well maintained inside faces to work well.
– Using a knife sharpener removes metal from the inside face of scissor blades which means the cutting edges can no longer meet and the scissors wont cut. If too much metal is removed by a knife sharpener then it wont ever be possible to sharpen your scissors again.