What is a Clipper Service ?
• As you use your clippers they accumulate dirt and some parts will wear out. Our clipper service is to fully strip down, clean and repair any faults with your clippers.
• This includes emailing you a report on the condition of your clipper, noting faulty or worn parts and our recommended repairs.
• Some clipper repairs can be completed without a full service and so cost less.
• Our Clipper Service includes a PAT test for your electrical safety.
Your replacement parts cost extra & typical prices are:
• Motor Brushes – £2 to £6 each
• Comb pegs – £2 each
• Motor capacitor – £20 to £30
• Drive block – £8 to £20
• Drive cam – £20 to £30
• Drive Lever – £3 to £10
• Gears – around £30
• Rubber cable with moulded plug – £10
Complicated wiring repairs can cost extra. Re wiring an Oster A5 (’97) or a Laube clipper cable is £10 extra.
Send Us Your Clippers
• Post your clippers to us:
45 Westfield Crescent
Market Weighton, York
• We recommend you to post your clippers in a cardboard box well padded with bubble wrap. Wrap any blades individually in your parcel so they will not be damaged.
• We can recommend Royal Mail as a good parcel service:
1st Class Signed for: £5.50 < 2KG or £9 < 10KG
Special Delivery: £12 < 2KG or £16 < 10KG
48 Hr Service
• We will email you when your clippers arrive and aim to return your clippers within 2 working days from receipt.
• Or post us your items to us with your contact details included and we will email our assessment including the cost of repair, with a link to pay online.
The easiest way is to use a card box with the clipper wrapped in padding. Remove the blades from the clipper and wrap these individually within your parcel to prevent damage.
You can send your clippers in a case but clipper cases are often heavy and can also be damaged in the post.
If you can parcel them up at under 2KG weight then Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed is only £4 👍
We aim to service and return clippers in 48 Hours from when we receive them.
If you post your clipper on Monday, we will email when it arrives which could be Tuesday. If your clipper arrives on Tuesday then we will aim to have it ready to return by Thursday and so could be back with you on Friday.
– 90% of first 1st class post arrives next day but it is not a Guaranteed next day service.
– We post items 5 days per week from Monday to Friday.
It is rare for items to be lost in the UK Post.
Very occasionally customers jiffy bags, envelopes and boxes have split open and arrive with us with some clipper blades missing. (2 times in 2022)
– If your clipper blades can knock together the teeth can be damaged.
– Items posted Royal Mail Signed For have tracking for when delivered and are insured for up to £50.
– In 2022 no items sent by us have been reported missing, though a few have arrived late.
If you are technically capable then you may be able to do this.
– However this can be time consuming and being fiddly its easy to make mistakes.
– Worn parts must be identified and replacements sourced at a good price.
– Most clippers use mains electricity which is potentially dangerous.
– Our advice for customers is to keep clippers clean and oil the blades regularly.
– Also please never DIY sharpen your clipper blades on a sharpening stone or sandpaper.
SL Service are experienced with repairing clippers so we quickly find any faults and know the best way to fix them.
We are also experts in clipper blade sharpening so both your clippers and your clipper blades will be working together at their best.
– Good quality clippers used by animal groomers, stockmen and some hairdressers will last for many years with regular maintenance.
– The clippers and beard trimmers popular with young men are generally not repairable.